Other Intellectual Properties
Trademark is one of the intellectual properties of owners. Other than trademark the intellectual properties owners own are:
It’s an exclusive right granted to the creator of that specific creative work for the limited period of time. These could be literary works, sculptural, pictorial or graphical works, motion pictures and sound recordings. The copyrights are granted to applicant in UAE.
Patents grant the inventor an exclusive right to exclude everyone else from making, using and inventing the same thing on the claimed subject for the limited period of time. These are basically used for invention of new ideas, new technology and methods.
One of those intellectual properties and professional service applied to products and their manufacturing that allows the optimizing the appearance, value and function of the product and services being offered.
Signs that cannot be registered as trademarks in UAE
- Immoral, deceptive terms and scandalous remarks
- Generic and geographically descriptive terms
Trademarks Laws in UAE
Trademarks in the UAE are well protected by Federal Trademark Law No. 37 of 1992 (amended by Federal Law No. 8 of 2002). The government of UAE in Dubai and other parts of the country has been taking commendable steps to protect and implement and robust trademark laws. However, the present approach of UAE’s government is somehow similar to the one used in Western jurisdictions. For trademark registration in Dubai and trademark registration UAE contact us.
Requirements for Submitting the Application in UAE
The Ministry of Economy is the competent and responsible authority in UAE for the registration of trademarks. In accordance and compliance with trademarks laws anyone can apply for the registration of their trademark to distinguish their products and services. For the registration of trademark and to in order to file an application for the process, following documents are required along with the application form:
- The proper description of good and services being offered.
- In case the trademark is registered in another country; provide the copy of authentic and original certificates.
- Digital copy of design of your logo in proper jpeg format along with the soft copy of your trademarks image in black and white.
- According to laws in UAE, the applicant must have the power of attorney to submit the application for registration of trademark.
- The legal translation of from the origin language English to Arabic is required in UAE to include the required wording in trademark. This translation from English to Arabic can be arranged by Legal Inz.
- For corporate entities one is required to submit the copy of the applicant’s certificate of incorporation.
- Submission of required fee for the procedure.
Registration Procedure for Trademark in UAE
DDR always commits for transparency in offering its services to clients in delivering the best results. After the submission of application for trademark the procedure for registration begins which includes the following steps:
- Submission of application for trademark
- Within the 30 days of submitting the application, the Ministry of Economy announces their decision for the approval or rejection of the trademark.
- If the trademark approved; it will be in its bulletin and two Arabic newspapers, before the actual procedure begins. The applicant is supposed to bear all the expenses.
- Within the 30 days of announcement any person or company can file the objection on the registration of trademark in dubai and Trademark in UAE, and the applicant shall be notified by Ministry of Economy with a copy of objection certificate.
- In case no objection is raised, the applicant is given all the rights and ownership of trademark and all rights associated with the ownership in law.
Duration of Registered Trademarks in UAE
- The registration procedure usually takes 4-6 months in Dubai and other parts of UAE.
- The registrations of trademarks from the filing date in UAE are valid for 10 years. However, Legal Inz automatically provides you the reminder for renewable of registration of trademark in UAE.
Our Dubaidebtrecovery.com (DDR) associations take pride in assisting you in best and quickest possible way and provide legal services for the registration and protection of trademarks in all over UAE. DDR offer legal assistance and expert help for the registration of trademark and also for the patent. DDR offer its services to clients for the registration and protection of trademark laws in all seven states of UAE in Dubai, Sharjah, Abu Dhabi, Fujairah, Ajman, Umm al-Qaiwain and Ra’s al-Khaimah.